Have a quick look at the following videos:
In order to relocate the plugin content of Virtual Pianist VOGUE, please have a look at this article: How to move the plugin content of Virtual Pianist VOGUE
The main content of our Plug-ins (samples etc.) is contained in a file of the type "blob" ("binary large object").
You can choose the installation location during the setup, standard locations are:
Changing the location during the installation process (works only for the internal disk in some cases):
As content files can be pretty big, some of you want to store them on external drives rather than filling up space on your primary internal disk.
How to move the content files (ending with ".blob") retrospectively
Move your blob file to the desired location (different folder or different drive). Don't move the whole folder, just the file. If there are two blob files (usually called part 1 and part 2), move them both.
For example, the .ops file for Virtual Guitarist CARBON is called ‘VG-CARBON.blob‘ (4,36 GB) and the file for Beatmaker DOPE is called ‘BM-DOPE.blob‘:
- After relocating the blob files, open your UJAM App and click on ‘locate content‘:
- A window will pop up and now you need to open the folder which contains the plugin content (the blob files; usually now located on your external hard drive). If there are two blob files (usually called part 1 and part 2), make sure that both blob files are in the same folder and always point to part 1 (!).
- If you don't use the UJAM App and you launch your DAW and open the plugin, it will present you a dialog asking for the file location:
Always make sure you point to the correct location of the *.blob files so that the plugin knows where to find its content and you're good to go! ✔️
- Choosing a wrong blob file will crash the plug-in and DAW! Let's say you update your plug-in to version 2.1 but accidentally choose the 2.0 blob file – you will now have to delete the .settings file of the plug-in or even remove the files and reinstall the plug-in.
- Always point to the blob file the dialog asks for, or else you might experience a crash.
- If there are two or more blob files: they must always be located in the same folder.
- ✖︎ If anything goes wrong, you might see these messages:
If you do see an error message, have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!