Why do I need to be connected to the internet?
You need to be online in order to:
- Sign in to the UJAM App
- Download your software
- Activate your plugin
Once authorized, you can use your plugins offline, while the UJAM App will look like this:
My studio computer is not connected to the internet at all
Since our copy protection system works based on system fingerprints, a direct offline authorization is unfortunately not possible for Usynth and Virtual Pianist. Please note that if you go online for just a short moment, that's all it takes to activate your plugin. Once authorized, the plugin can afterwards be used without an active internet connection.
At the moment we can only offer a rather complicated workaround in order to activate your other UJAM Instruments plug-ins on a computer completely offline. We are already working on a better solution!
Please follow these instructions:
- Download the installer file of GROOVEMATE ONE (it's a free trial) and also the installer files of the other respective UJAM plug-ins you bought and wish to authorize offline (load the installers from our website)
- Transfer the installer files to the offline computer you want to use
- Install the software
- Open your DAW and load an instance of GROOVEMATE ONE
- An .ops file gets generated. Go to the following location and find the .ops file:
A. Go to:
You will need to Show Hidden Folders in File Explorer options in order to access the hidden library as shown in this quick video tutorial↓ or below it's demonstrate with images
How to show hidden files:
Show Hidden Files under (Control Panel)
Activate in (File Explorer Options) the show hidden files option
- In the Finder, choose Go ➜ Go to folder from the menu. (or use Shift+Command+G)
- Type: ~/Library/Application Support/UJAM
- Open the folder called GM-ONE
- Copy & send us your .ops file (GM-ONE) or watch this quick video tutorial to find the .ops files on MAC ↓
- Provide us with your e-mail address
- Send the .ops file as an attachment
- Wait for us to send back the authorized .ops files
- Close your DAW and place the new .ops file to the right folder
- Open your DAW and load the plug-in, it should now be authorized. Enjoy!
Article is closed for comments.