If you own a product license but you can't activate the plugin by entering your UJAM credentials, please continue reading this article.
Quick checklist: Please make sure...
- ...to use the UJAM App:
- macOS download
- Windows download
- Your plugins get automatically authorized and activated once you have both the UJAM App and one or more plugins installed. Just open your DAW and start making music!
- In case the auto-authorization didn’t work, you can still authorize directly from the plugin interface using your UJAM credentials.
- ...that the respective product license is actually linked to your ujam account (you might see a "no internet connection" error message after entering your correct credentials if that's not the case)
- ...to temporarily switch off any kind of software that might interfere with the installation or block the internet connection of the plug-in (Firewall, antivirus software, network monitor, ...) or else you will see a "no internet connection" error message.
- ...to enter the correct credentials (email address and password you use to log in to your ujam account).
- ...to not use a coupon code/ serial number/ license key for activating the plug-in
Here are a few things you can do:
1. Do plugin and UJAM App have internet access?
- You need to be online to authorize your plugin. Please make sure, that your local antivirus software and firewall don't block the plugin (the DAW) or the UJAM App.
- Check this carefully, as interfering third party software is the most common reason why a user can't authorize the plug-in with the ujam credentials.
2. Reset your password & check your license!
- Can you login to your UJAM account?
- Can you see the product license linked to your account?
- If so, please double check your licenses and reset your password.
- You can reset your password here and try to authorize with the new password one more time (try using a password without any special characters).
3. Partner Shop Purchase
- Did you buy at one of our partner shops? Please note that you need to redeem your coupon code and eventually create your ujam account in order to activate the product. Read more: Partner Shop Overview
4. Does the installed version fit your license?
- Please make sure, you have the right plugin version and build installed.
- Just to give an example: You might have installed Virtual Drummer PHAT2 but you only have a license for VD PHAT1. In that case you'd need to buy the upgrade first.
- You can check the version on your computer by clicking on the small (i) icon.
If you have the wrong version installed, please get the right installer using the UJAM App.
5. Deinstall and Reinstall
We've heard of some user who were able to authorize their plug-in after following these instructions:
- Make sure to turn off any kind of firewall of antivirus software that might interfere with the installation process or the plug-in itself.
- Try to use the default locations during the installation process
- You may want to check out our DAW knowledge base and rescan your plug-ins
Have a look at the following articles:
►Uninstalling on Mac
6. Still struggling to authorize?
Please send us your .ops file!
When you install a ujam plug-in for the first time, a hardware fingerprint of your computer is created the moment you open up your plug-in in your DAW. The fingerprint is a part of our copy protection and is stored in the so called ".ops file" – you can find it here:
Detailed instructions on how to find the .ops file:
You will need to Show Hidden Folders in File Explorer options in order to access the hidden library. Here's how to:
Show Hidden Files under (Control Panel)
Activate in (File Explorer Options) the show hidden files option
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!