Phrase Drag and Drop
You can now drag phrases like intros, verses or choruses straight from the interactive UI keyboard to the Virtual Drummer instrument track of your DAW. This opens up a slew of creative options:
- Tweak phrases to your liking - whether it’s replacing instruments, changing velocities or note positions, or using MIDI processors.
- Combine phrases from multiple styles
- Use styles and phrases of one Virtual Drummer with any other - try it out!
Individual Audio Outputs
With individual outputs, you can route any instrument or channel from Virtual Drummer to separate channels on your DAWs mixer. This way, you can use the full multi channel mixer functionality of your DAW with Virtual Drummer if you want to go deep, or just route individual signals into special effects processors.
Instrument and Ambience Channels
In every drum Instrument Channel, you can now select between various drum instruments, and adjust the tuning and decay. This way, you can either just replace or adjust the Kick or Snare, or build entirely new kits and save them with your presets. In the Room and Overhead Channels, there’s now an additional compressor as well as Hi Pass and Lo Pass Filters greatly extending the ways you can tweak those signals for the overall drum mix.
New Styles and Presets
Each Virtual Drummer now comes with 30 additional, brand-new styles, 650 new grooves and almost 150 additional presets. Upon user request, we put a particular focus on live feel, for an even stronger impression of a real drummer playing.
Note: Version 2 Styles are marked “(2.0)” in the Style list!
Enhanced Mixer Section
The Mix Preset and Amount Controls of Virtual Drummer V1 - which under the hood control a 12-bus mixing console with multiple audio processors per channel and a mastering bus - have now been complemented by
- additional audio processing options for drums and ambience - in both the Room and Overhead channels, there’s now a one-knob compressor and a Low- and a High pass filter.
- a new master section offering you one-knob saturation, a loudness maximizer, and a reverb selector.
- You’ll hear all these new processing and tweaking options at work when you try the new presets.
New UI - Better Look, Same Flow
Although we’ve added lots of controls to the new Virtual Drummers, they’re as easy and clear as before thanks to a new UI design that guides the eyes and looks even better.