Virtual Guitarist AMBER is a software instrument doubling as a professional acoustic guitarist in a music studio, with you being in the producer chair.
Virtual Guitarist AMBER focuses on strummed chords on a premium acoustic steel string guitar, a rhythmic staple in any kind of modern music. It offers you a wide range of playing styles (Phrases combined into Styles) and sound characters from full-bodied and warm to brilliant and shiny.
There’s a wide range of functions of an acoustic steel string guitar in a song. Two extreme examples:
- In folk or songwriter music, the guitar is often the foundation of the arrangement – with everything built around it. In this case, you’d prefer a warm, full sound and a straight playing style.
- In pop music, acoustic steel string is often used as a form of “harmonic percussion” or as a HiHat or Tambourine supplement”. This adds instant live-feel to arrangements. Here, the metallic strumming itself is as or even more important than the harmonic portion of the sound. In such a case, you will want a thin guitar sound because it is not carrying the chords, or may even interfere with chord instruments. You’ll pick a brilliant shine and use more complex phrases.
Virtual Guitarist AMBER lets you do all this and much more in no time, with minimal effort. It combines the virtues of a professional guitar, a custom premium- quality acoustic guitar, perfectly tuned, with fresh steel strings, recorded with a professional microphone and a pickup at the same time, plus the most important sound shaping tools as used in recording studios, to design the guitar sound exactly as you need it in various contexts.
Virtual Guitarist vs. A Real Guitarist
If we denied the huge differences between a software and guitarist, you shouldn’t trust us.
If you have all the money, time and patience in the world plus a recording studio and a professional guitarist available, we would always recommend: Go for it!
But for most people, most of the time, that’s not the case:
- Maybe you have no access to a (professional) guitarist.
- Maybe you like to work out ideas totally by yourself, taking the time, playing with ideas.
- Maybe you’re a guitarist but want to quickly lay down a track without the hassle of tuning your guitar and setting up a recording session.
- Maybe you want to use MIDI-controlled guitar tracks as source material for electronic manipulation.
In these and many others scenarios, Virtual Guitarist AMBER is a great alternative to the real thing.