In the following part of this user guide, every feature of Virtual Bassist ROYAL will be explained in depth.
The top bar of the Virtual Bassist ROYAL interface lets you load and save presets. It also contains important management functions from checking your trial status to contacting support.
A preset in Virtual Bassist ROYAL is a complete setting of the entire plug-in including Style selection and all control values. Here’s how you can switch presets:
Advance to the next preset by clicking one of the arrows left and right of the PRESET name.
- Click on the name of the current preset in the PRESET menu to open the Preset Browser (see image above).
As you can see, the Preset Browser is a clean, organized list of presets, categorized by simple musical terms.
Virtual Bassist ROYAL ships with 40 Factory Presets. Take your time exploring them, as this is the quickest way of getting an overview of what Virtual Bassist ROYAL can do!
If you have freshly installed Virtual Bassist ROYAL, there will only be Factory Presets. User Presets will appear once you have saved your first own preset.
Save and Save as …
You can of course save your own Virtual Bassist ROYAL presets. You can name them and assign a category too.
“Save as …” Dialog
The difference between the Save and Save as … buttons:
- Save replaces the preset with the changes you just made.
- Save as … lets you assign a name and a category, so does not replace the current preset. Factory Presets can only be saved using Save as …, they cannot be replaced.
Moving, renaming and deleting presets
You can move, rename or delete Presets directly in your operating system. You will find Virtual Bassist ROYAL Presets in these folders (replace “USERNAME” by your actual username):
Notification Icon (inactive)
When you launch Virtual Bassist ROYAL, it will automatically check for updates. If an update is available, the notification icon will be activated.
Clicking it will open a dialog that lets you choose whether you want to download the update now or later.
We built this mechanism to save you the pain of manually checking for updates in order to keep up with the latest improvements of Virtual Bassist ROYAL.
Info Icon - About Page
The About Page is the place for information about your version and licensing status of Virtual Bassist ROYAL. It is also a portal to other services:
- Visit Product Site takes you to www.ujam.com with regularly updated news, videos, tutorials and other helpful stuff. Contact Support lets you report problems and ask questions.
- Read User Manual opens this document.
- Acknowledgments – the people behind Virtual Bassist ROYAL.
- License Agreement – legalese for gourmets.