You should actually only have to activate/ authorize a plugin once. On some systems this does not seem to work though, mostly for system specific technical reasons.
Please try to:
- Fully quit the UJAM App and your DAW
- Delete the .ops file of the respective plugin which keeps showing up as a trial version
- Open the UJAM App (make sure you're signed in with your UJAM account)
- Open your DAW and the plugin you need to activate
- Now your plugin should already be authorized automatically by the UJAM App
- If not, use your credentials to activate your plugin
When you install a ujam plug-in for the first time, a hardware fingerprint of your computer is created the moment you open up your plug-in in your DAW. The fingerprint is a part of our copy protection and is stored in the so called ".ops file" – you can find it here:
If you use a USB dongle for your internet connection, your hardware fingerprint will change. In most cases, that is the reason why you have to re-authorize. The only way so far that you not have to re-authorize all the time is to avoid mobile wifi.
Please note that changing something on the hardware like adding more RAM or a new Motherboard will change the fingerprint and can cause the need to re-authorize every time re-starting your DAW.
As this is a rare and user-system specific issue, it is not easy to locate the cause for the problem. Please think about what hardware you're using and which device might change your system settings.
I you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!