Activating a UJAM product license should be effortlessly. It is expected to only activate a license once and then the plug-in should stay authorized.
On some systems this does not seem to work though, mostly for system specific technical reasons or a firewall/ antivirus software interfering.
- Sign in to the UJAM App with your UJAM account.
- Make sure to keep your UJAM App up-to-date. The app should notify you automatically when an update is available.
- Close your DAW.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the app and click the refresh button. It looks like this:
- Check the product status in the UJAM App. Does it say "installed & activated"?
- Open your DAW and check if the plugin has actually been authorized. If not, continue following these steps.
- Fully quit the UJAM App in the taskbar (also called system tray):
- Close your DAW.
- Delete the .ops file of the respective plugin which keeps showing up as a trial version
Operating System Location of .ops file Windows
Macintosh HD:/USERS/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/UJAM/
- Restart your computer
- Open the UJAM App (make sure you're signed in with your UJAM account)
- Open your DAW and launch the plugin you need to activate
- Now your plugin should already be authorized automatically by the UJAM App
Note: We recommend adding the UJAM App to your AutoStart items, so it will launch automatically when you start your computer and activate all plugins (more info below).
When you install a UJAM plug-in for the first time, a hardware fingerprint of your computer is created the moment you open up your plug-in in your DAW. The fingerprint is a part of our copy protection and is stored in the so called ".ops file".
When using some specific USB hubs/ docking stations for an internet connection (or other external networking hardware like the Apple Studio Monitor) , your hardware fingerprint will change. In most cases, that is the reason why you have to re-authorize. The only workaround we know so far is to have the UJAM App running or avoid using external networking devices and use a regular Wifi / Ethernet connection.
Please note that changing something on the hardware like adding more RAM or a new Motherboard will also change the fingerprint and can cause the need to re-authorize every time re-starting your DAW or computer.
As this is a rare and user-system specific issue, unfortunately it is not easy to find out what's exactly causing the problem.
AutoStart your UJAM App
For Mac users:
Please add the UJAM App to your login items (System Preferences➜Users and Groups
➜Login Items), so that it starts automatically when you restart your Mac and activates your plugins.
For Windows users:
Please add the UJAM App to your autostart menu:
Open the Run box by pressing the Windows Key + R shortcut keys on the keyboard.
Open the Startup folder by typing in the following in Run:
- Inside the Startup folder, right-click on an empty space, expand "New" from the context menu, and click Shortcut.
- From the "Create Shortcut" Wizard, click Browse and select the app you want to add to automatic startup. When selected, click Next.
- Now enter a name for the shortcut and click Finish.
The shortcut will now be added to the Startup folder and the selected app will launch each time you sign in to your account.