Please read carefully before installing Beatmaker 2 on your computer!
Note that installing a Beatmaker 2 – even a trial version – will replace any existing version. Afterwards, you can not easily go back to the old version. If you’re uncertain, please create a backup of your system before installing Beatmaker 2.
Please note that Beatmaker 2 is only compatible with 64bit systems. 32bit is not supported.
How to Upgrade
Purchased Beatmaker 2 from one of our partner shops? Please follow these steps to upgrade:
- Make sure you have your serial number / promo code at hand, that looks something like XXX-XXXX. 1
- You received a link in your email which leads to our partner-checkout page. Open the link (the link looks something like this: https://www.ujam.com/partner-checkout/?partner=).
- Before entering your code, please log in to your account!
If you have no account or didn't authorize Beatmaker 1, you can't upgrade to Beatmaker 2!
- You should now see your account-page. Please open the link of your partner-checkout page one more time and enter your code.
- Install and launch the plug-in in your DAW.
- The plug-in will ask you to enter e-mail address and password for authorization.
1 Please note: if you can't seem to find the serial number mentioned above: Please contact our support team with a screenshot of your invoice – we will help you find it!
MIDI Drag and Drop
Beatmaker 2 now features MIDI drag and drop, giving you way more possibilities for quick arranging and to fine adjust and alter phrases. If you drag and drop a MIDI file into your DAW you might have to manually adjust its length, due to the plug-in's internal MIDI handling. This is especially relevant when dragging Intros, Fills and Endings.
For further information, please read this article:
Multiple Audio Outputs
Beatmaker 2 now features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of Beatmaker 2.
Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of Beatmaker 2, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize and of course Master Volume will not affect Kits routed to their individual outs.
You can use one of the 10 Kits included or combine your own Kit. Please note, that selecting a Drum will always override your individual Beat-Type selections.
We will fix selected issues as soon as possible!
- Midi Learn is not working for all controls.
- In Windows 8 you might experience wrong font types
- When Latch is enabled and playing a note the playing note is not highlighted
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC
- Beatmaker 2 is currently not working in Mixcraft 8. Please consider updating to Mixcraft 9!
- Pro Tools: If you don't save your customised kit and close the session, your adjustments will get lost. Always make sure to save your customised kit!
- Pro Tools: Sometimes the selected kit won't get saved. We fill fix this issue as soon as possible!
- The Save button does function, though it looks inactive.