1. What is MIDI Drag & Drop?
MIDI Drag & Drop lets you drag Song Parts from the Interactive Keyboard into any track of your DAW, where it will be converted to a MIDI region with editable notes.
2. How to use MIDI Drag & Drop?
To drag a Song Part from Beatmaker into your song, click and hold in the dotted drag area of any Song Part key on the Interactive Keyboard and drag the mouse pointer over to the target track.
MIDI regions/notes created by dragging phrases into Logic Pro
-Learn how to Drag & Drop phrases from Virtual Drummer 2 in Logic Pro:
- Learn how to Drag & Drop phrases from Virtual Drummer 2 in Ableton Live:
Things you can do using Drag and Drop
You can edit a Beatmaker song part just like any other MIDI sequence - e.g. change note positions, velocities, or add instruments,
- You can combine Song Parts from various Styles into one song. Just switch Styles and drag away.
- Beatmakers are mostly cross-compatible, so you can try using DOPE Styles with EDEN, or just switch between Beatmakers entirely if you find in the middle of mixing that instead of Arena EDM you’re after Boom-Bap.
- Best of all: You can even combine all of the above techniques freely to create your total custom beats.
Note: When you drag Intros, Fills and Endings, note that some of these start mid-bar, so you might sometimes have to adjust the start of the resulting MIDI region after dropping it. Also, while Beatmaker will internally shorten Choruses or Verses when you play a Fill, you’ll have to do it manually in dropped MIDI regions.