Finisher NEO Preset Menu
The Preset Menu at the top of the plugin window lets you easily select from and step through the over 100 included Presets.
You can either
- Click the Arrow buttons left of the Preset name to step through the list,
- or click the current Preset Name or the little arrow to open the menu.
If you’re new to Finisher NEO, we recommend you set up a track and just go through a lot of Presets to get an impression of what it can do.
Finisher NEO comes with over 130 Factory Presets:
- At the top, there is one Preset for each Mode with the default settings for that Mode. Go through these to explore what the Modes are originally meant for, and then start tweaking. These Presets are sorted into folders named like the categories you’ll see above the Mode titles.
- The “Inspiration” category offers over 80 settings of a Finisher Mode and the three knobs and demonstrates how much variation there is in those three knobs. Also, that’s the category you want to step through if you’re looking for an … erm ... inspiration.
Once you have made changes to a Preset, you can save it in various ways:
- You can overwrite User Presets using the Save command. This way you can create your own custom version with your preferred default settings for every preset.
- You can also save User Presets under a different name using the “Save as…” command.
You can not overwrite Factory Presets. Please use the “Save as…” command to create a new version of that Preset in the User Library.
Either way, when saving a Preset, you can choose one of the categories which are the same for Modes and Presets, and which you will also find in the User Library.
Managing the plug-in
Like any other UJAM plugin, you can download Finisher NEO and try it without limitations for 30 days.
During that time, the menu bar of Finisher NEO will show “Trial Period, X days left” and an Authorize button.
After the Trial period is expired, you will need to purchase Finisher NEO to keep using it. After the purchase, click either the Authorize Button or open the About Page directly to enter your credentials and authorize Finisher NEO.
The little Bell icon in the menu bar of Finisher NEO informs you about available updates. When an update is waiting, the Icon will show a dot and a dialog is opened where you can choose to download now or later.
Although we do our best to ensure that updates do not break any existing projects, we usually recommend keeping your previous installer in case you updated in the middle of a project and something’s wrong.
The circled “i” symbol to the right of the menu bar gives you access to various types of important information:
- Acknowledgments – the people behind Finisher NEO
- Visit Product Site – Product Page with demos, information and more
- Contact Support – when you have a problem with Finisher, we’re here to help!
- Read User Manual – opens this User Guide …
- License Agreement – opens the license agreement if you ever feel like it.
User Interface Concept
Here’s the user experience concept of Finisher NEO in a nutshell:
- At the heart of Finisher NEO is the Mode. It sets up the entire machinery under the hood – the effect algorithms and their routing as well as the macro assignments for the three knobs Effect, Variation 1 and Variation 2.
- Modes are sorted into categories. They’re merely for organizational purposes. Finisher NEO offers SPREAD, CRUSH, WHIRL, SHAPE and BOOST effects.
- In each Mode, the Effect Knob is always programmed for the #1 interesting change in the effect that will also work great if automated.
- The Variation 1 and 2 knobs allow you to adjust the effect to your scenario or taste and can be automated as well.
- When you select a Mode, you will find text descriptions of the Mode itself as well as the assignments of the Knobs on the user interface.