To help you get started with Beatmaker VICE, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30 day free trial, how can I download Beatmaker VICE?
- You can download your free trial version here.
Will Beatmaker VICE work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Beatmaker VICE is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
I already own several Beatmaker plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of Beatmaker VICE, we also adjusted the prices of the Full Bundle and Beatmaker Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
Where can I find the manual?
- We have one user guide for all Beatmakers. You can find it here.
I can't authorize my new Beatmaker!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought Beatmaker VICE at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed VICE but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
How can I load my own samples into Beatmaker VICE?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time.
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a Beatmaker VICE Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Can I use multiple audio outputs?
- Beatmaker VICE features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of Beatmaker VICE.
- Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of Beatmaker VICE, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize, and of course Master Volume will not affect Kits routed to their individual outs.
Are there any known issues?
- Midi Learn is not working for all controls.
- When Latch is enabled and playing a note the playing note is not highlighted
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC
- Beatmaker VICE is currently not working in Mixcraft 8. Please consider updating to Mixcraft 9!
- Some “Mix” presets can result in negative phase correlation in the upper "Amount" value ranges (this is barely audible)
- DAW Pro Tools:
- If you don't save your customized kit and close the session, your adjustments will get lost. Always make sure to save your customized kit!
- Sometimes the selected kit won't get saved.
- Single Drum Selection is not being saved (make sure to save a preset with your customized drum selections to work around this)
- Dragging and Dropping a phrase in certain versions of Pro Tools can result in the channel’s left stereo panning to be set to the center
- DAW Reason:
- Only the first 7 sounds are routable for using multiple outputs .
- The Save button does function, though it looks inactive.
Digital Audio Workstations
BM-VICE should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that BM-VICE is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our supper staff. Thanks!