Finisher VOODOO Preset Menu
The Preset Menu at the top of the plugin window lets you easily select from and step through the over 200 included Presets.
You can either
- Click the Arrow buttons left of the Preset name to step through the list,
- or click the current Preset Name or the little arrow to open the menu.
If you’re new to Finisher VOODOO, we recommend you set up a track and just go through a lot of Presets to get an impression of what it can do.
Finisher VOODOO comes with over 200 Presets organized into various folders:
- Introduction: Try these presets if you want a quick overview of what VOODOO can do
- Default: In this category, there is a Preset for each Mode with our recommended default settings for that Mode. Go through these to explore what the Modes are originally meant for.
- Signature Presets: There are many signatures presets from our sound designers for you to explore - you’re very unlikely to ever run out of inspiration.
Once you have made changes to a Preset, you can save it in various ways:
- You can overwrite User Presets using the Save command. This way you can create your own custom version with your preferred default settings for every preset.
- You can also save User Presets under a different name using the “Save as…” command.
You can not overwrite Factory Presets. Please use the “Save as…” command to create a new version of that Preset in the User Library.
Either way, when saving a Preset, you can choose one of the categories which are the same for Modes and Presets, and which you will also find in the User Library.
Managing the plug-in
Like any other UJAM plugin, you can download Finisher VOODOO and try it without limitations for 30 days.
During that time, the menu bar of Finisher VOODOO will show “Trial Period, X days left” and an Authorize button.
After the Trial period is expired, you will need to purchase Finisher VOODOO to keep using it. After the purchase, click either the Authorize Button or open the About Page directly to enter your credentials and authorize Finisher VOODOO.
The little icon in the menu bar of Finisher VOODOO informs you about available updates. When an update is waiting, the Icon will show a dot and a dialog is opened where you can choose to download now or later.
Although we do our best to ensure that updates do not break any existing projects, we usually recommend keeping your previous installer in case you updated in the middle of a project and something’s wrong.
The circled “i” symbol to the right of the menu bar gives you access to various types of important information:
- Acknowledgments – the people behind Finisher VOODOO
- Visit Product Site – Product Page with demos, information and more
- Contact Support – when you have a problem with Finisher, we’re here to help!
- Read User Manual – opens this User Guide …
- License Agreement – opens the license agreement if you ever feel like it.
User Interface Concept
Here’s the user experience concept of Finisher VOODOO in a nutshell:
- At the heart of Finisher VOODOO is the Mode. It sets up the entire machinery under the hood – the effect algorithms and their routing as well as the macro assignments for the orange Finisher Knob and the four Variation Knobs.
- The Finisher Knob dials in the effect itself and often also creates an important change, but generally, the rule applies: Turn up the Finisher Knob for more effect.
- The Variation Knobs 1-3 allow you to adjust aspects of the effect (more below) to your scenario or taste and can be automated as well. Vari 4 is assigned to UJAMs own Highlighter Filter which is universally useful to create color as well as intros and fades.
- When you select a Mode, you will find instructions and tips right next to the name, and the Vari Knob labels change to display that Knobs’ function in that particular Mode.