To help you get started with Virtual Bassist ROWDY 2, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30 day free trial, how can I download ROWDY?
- You can download your free trial version here. Just click on the plug-in!
Will Virtual Bassist ROWDY work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Virtual Bassist ROWDY is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
How can I add the plug-in to a track?
(Logic 10 and other DAWs)
- Virtual Bassist ROWDY is a Virtual Instrument plug-in! Please make sure to add the Bassist to the respective Instrument track (this can be slightly different and depends on the respective DAW).
Can I tune my Virtual Bassist?
Digital Audio Workstations
Virtual Bassist ROWDY should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. The following software doesn't support ROWDY:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
I already own several ujam plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
At this point, we do not offer special loyalty discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of Virtual Bassist ROWDY, we also adjusted the prices of the Full Bundle.
How to upgrade from Virtual Bassist version 1 to 2?
- Upgrade offers available for owners of version 1
Where can I find the manual?
- Read it here.
I can't authorize my new Bassist!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article:
I bought Virtual Bassist ROWDY at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed Virtual Bassist ROWDY but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
Yes and no!
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Bassist 2 (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Bassist doesn't include the new features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- Improved song building
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- Finisher Section
- UI Facelift
In case you own the Rack Extension of Virtual Bassist and want to upgrade to version 2: We do offer a special 50% discount for the respective VST version. You can read more about this matter here.
How can I change the velocity of the MIDI notes in the best way?
The Virtual Bassist has a very limited velocity sensitivity, but turning down the compressor to 0% will give you more variation in the note volume.
How can I turn off the slides?
The keys from C0 to E0 will let you select different types of slides. For turning them off just select ''Off'' next to ''Legato'' mode or in realtime by using the keys C#0 (off) and F#0 (on).
Are there any known issues?
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our supper staff. Thanks!