Virtual Drummer SOLID 2 is your personal gold-standard session drummer, the backline bandmate we all dream of having - dependable, reliable, and comfortable playing all popular styles and moods with ease. Build your tracks on the strongest foundations with Virtual Drummer SOLID and fully realize and finish your rhythmical arrangements in record time.
Note for Virtual Drummer 1 Users:
Please read carefully before installing Virtual Drummer V2 on your computer!
Please note that installing a Virtual Drummer 2 – even a trial version – will replace any existing version. Afterward, you can not go back to the old version. If you’re uncertain, please create a backup of your system before installing Virtual Drummer 2.
I didn't receive the email with my 30 day free trial, how can I download Virtual Drummer SOLID?
- You can download your free trial version here.
Will Virtual Drummer SOLID work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 8 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
Please note that V2 is only compatible with 64bit systems.
32bit is not supported in V2.
I already own a Virtual Drummer plug-in – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of new Virtual Drummer's, we also adjust the prices of the Full Bundle and the Drummer Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
- Regarding Rack Extensions and special offers:
- Please try to contact the support of Reason Studios, as they are an independent shop and we have no influence on their special discounts.
Where can I find the manual?
- You can find the user guide here.
I can't authorize my Virtual Drummer!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought SOLID at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed SOLID but I can't find it in my DAW.
- The following article will help you: Read it here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
How can I load my own samples into Virtual Drummer SOLID?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time. But, you can use one of the 5 Drum Kits included or combine your own Kit via the new Drum-Type function. Please note, that selecting a Drum Kit will always override your individual Drum-Type selections
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Drummer 2 (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Drummer doesn't include the new features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- UI Facelift
In case you own the Rack Extension of Virtual Bassist and want to upgrade to version 2: We do offer a special 50% discount for the respective VST version. You can read more about this matter here.
Is there an option to Drag and Drop MIDI?
VD 2 now features MIDI drag and drop, giving you way more possibilities for quick arranging and to fine adjust and alter phrases. If you drag and drop a MIDI file into your DAW, because of the plugin’s internal MIDI handling, you might have to manually adjust its length, this is especially true for Intros, Fills, and Endings.
Can I use Multiple Audio Outputs?
VD 2 now features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of VD.
Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of VD, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize and of course Master Volume will not affect drums routed to their individual outs.
Think of each channel of VD as the input from a drum microphone. So If you, for example, mute the Kick channel in the mixer, you might still hear the Kick on the Overhead and Room channels.
Are there any known issues?
- Midi Learn is not yet working for all controls
- In Windows you might experience wrong font types
- When Latch is enabled and playing a note the playing note is not highlighted
- Control values are not disappearing after right-clicking a control
- Drummers v2 are currently not working in Mixcraft 8
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!