To help you get started with Virtual Bassist ROYAL 2, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download ROYAL?
- You can download your free trial version here. Just click on the plug-in!
Will Virtual Bassist ROYAL work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Virtual Bassist ROYAL is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
How can I add the plug-in to a track?
(Logic 10 and other DAWs)
- Virtual Bassist ROYAL is a Virtual Instrument plug-in! Please make sure to add the Bassist to the respective Instrument track (this can be slightly different and depends on the respective DAW).
Can I tune my Virtual Bassist?
Digital Audio Workstations
Virtual Bassist ROYAL should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. The following software doesn't support ROYAL:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
I already own several ujam plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
At this point, we do not offer special loyalty discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of Virtual Bassist ROWDY, we also adjusted the prices of the Full Bundle.
How to upgrade from Virtual Bassist version 1 to 2?
- Upgrade offers available for owners of version 1
Where can I find the manual?
- Read it here.
I can't authorize my new Bassist!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article:
I bought Virtual Bassist ROYAL at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed Virtual Bassist ROYAL but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
Yes and no!
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Bassist 2 (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Bassist doesn't include the new features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- Improved song building
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- Finisher Section
- UI Facelift
In case you own the Rack Extension of Virtual Bassist and want to upgrade to version 2: We do offer a special 50% discount for the respective VST version. You can read more about this matter here.
How can I change the velocity of the MIDI notes in the best way?
The Virtual Bassist has a very limited velocity sensitivity, but turning down the compressor to 0% will give you more variation in the note volume.
How can I turn off the slides?
The keys from C0 to E0 pre-select different slides that are perfect for “pre-intros”. For turning off just select ''Off'' next to ''Legato'' mode. In realtime by using the keys C#0 (off) and F#0 (on).
Are there any known issues?
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our supper staff. Thanks!