Introducing Beatmaker DOPE 2 – your fast-track ticket to the underground world of slick Hip hop beat production. There's no longer any need to search through all that dusty vinyl at the local record store hoping to find the perfect sampled beat.
To help you get started with Beatmaker DOPE, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30 day free trial, how can I download Beatmaker DOPE?
- You can download your free trial version here.
Will Beatmaker DOPE work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Beatmaker DOPE is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
I already own several Beatmaker plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of new Beatmaker, we also adjust the prices of the Full Bundle and the Beatmaker Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
Where can I find the manual?
- We have one user guide for all Beatmakers. You can find it here.
I can't authorize my new Beatmaker!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought Beatmaker DOPE at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed DOPE but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
How can I load my own samples into Beatmaker DOPE?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time.
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Beatmaker DOPE 2 (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Bassist doesn't include the new features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- Improved song building
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- Finisher Section
- UI Facelift
In case you own the Rack Extension of Virtual Bassist and want to upgrade to version 2: We do offer a special 50% discount for the respective VST version. You can read more about this matter here.
Can I use multiple audio outputs?
- Beatmaker DOPE features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of Beatmaker DOPE.
- Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of Beatmaker DOPE, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize, and of course Master Volume will not affect Kits routed to their individual outs.
Are there any known issues?
- Midi Learn is not working for all controls.
- When Latch is enabled and playing a note the playing note is not highlighted
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC
- Beatmaker DOPE is currently not working in Mixcraft 8. Please consider updating to Mixcraft 9!
- Some “Mix” presets can result in negative phase correlation in the upper "Amount" value ranges (this is barely audible)
- DAW Pro Tools:
- If you don't save your customized kit and close the session, your adjustments will get lost. Always make sure to save your customized kit!
- Sometimes the selected kit won't get saved.
- Single Drum Selection is not being saved (make sure to save a preset with your customized drum selections to work around this)
- Dragging and Dropping a phrase in certain versions of Pro Tools can result in the channel’s left stereo panning to be set to the center
- DAW Reason:
- Only the first 7 sounds are routable for using multiple outputs.
- The Save button does function, though it looks inactive.
Digital Audio Workstations
BM-DOPE should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that BM-DOPE is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!