To help you get started with Virtual Guitarist SILK, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download Virtual Guitarist SILK?
- You can download your free trial version here. Just click on the plug-in!
Will Virtual Guitarist SILK work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.09 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- 32 and 64bit are supported
I already own several Virtual Guitarist plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of a new VG plug-in, we also adjust the prices of the Full Bundle and the Guitarists Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
Where can I find the manual?
- You can find the user guide here.
I can't authorize Virtual Guitarist SILK!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I bought SILK at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed SILK but I can't find it in my DAW.
- The following article will help you: Read it here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- We didn't create a Virtual Guitarist SILK Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
How can I use MIDI Drag and Drop in Virtual Guitarist SILK?
- SILK does not support this feature at this time but Virtual Guitarist CARBON supports MIDI Drag and Drop.
Can I play SILK without using the built-in pattern?
- No, VG SILK is meant to be used with the rhythm phrases. You can use the key C#0 to trigger a common phrase which will strum a single chord or note. Most users can work with that solution.
Can I create my own melodies? Does Virtual Guitarist SILK have an ''Instrument Mode''?
- Virtual Guitarist SILK does not have so far an instrument mode, where you can trigger single notes. All sounds of Silk are as a pattern/loop playable with loads of different styles and presets. The Virtual Guitarist CARBON is the only one with an ''Instrument Mode'' so far.
Does the Virtual Guitarist series has an option to fine-tune?
- No, this functionality is on our list and will eventually be added in the future.
Are there any known issues?
In some rare cases, the plug-in stops playing or plays not what it's supposed to. The best workaround for this would be to delete the track instance quickly of the plug-in and then press ‘’undo’’ - then everything should work again.
- The plug-in might display "Update Available" although the version is actually up-to-date.
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!