To help you get started with Virtual Guitarist SILK, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download Virtual Guitarist SILK?
- You can download your free trial version here. Just click on the plug-in!
Will Virtual Guitarist SILK work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.09 or later
Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions and 32 bit systems but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- 64 bit architecture
I already own several Virtual Guitarist plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of a new VG plug-in, we also adjust the prices of the Full Bundle and the Guitarists Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
Where can I find the manual?
- You can find the user guide here.
I can't authorize Virtual Guitarist SILK!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I bought SILK at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed SILK but I can't find it in my DAW.
- The following article will help you: Read it here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- We didn't create a Virtual Guitarist SILK Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
How can I use MIDI Drag and Drop in Virtual Guitarist SILK?
- SILK does not support this feature at this time but Virtual Guitarist CARBON supports MIDI Drag and Drop.
Can I play SILK without using the built-in pattern?
- No, VG SILK is meant to be used with the rhythm phrases. You can use the key C#1 to trigger a common phrase which will strum a single chord or note. Most users can work with that solution.
Can I create my own melodies? Does Virtual Guitarist SILK have an ''Instrument Mode''?
- Virtual Guitarist SILK does not have so far an instrument mode, where you can trigger single notes. All sounds of SILK are as a pattern/loop playable with loads of different styles and presets.
Does the Virtual Guitarist series has an option to fine-tune?
- No, this functionality is on our list and will eventually be added in the future.
Are there any known issues?
In some rare cases, the plug-in stops playing or plays not what it's supposed to. The best workaround for this would be to delete the track instance quickly of the plug-in and then press ‘’undo’’ - then everything should work again.
- The plug-in might display "Update Available" although the version is actually up-to-date.
Digital Audio Workstations
VG-SILK should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that VG-SILK is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!