Table of content:
First of all: All payments in our shop are conducted by our merchant of record FastSpring. Here's a small extract of what our partner does for us:
- Maintain a merchant account and payment gateway
- Negotiate and manage ongoing credit card processing fees
- Manage all tax calculation, collection, and remittance
- Ensure compliance with country-specific payment laws and regulations
- Stay up-to-date with ever-changing card association regulations
- Manage refund requests and chargebacks
Read more: What is a Merchant of Record?
So how does the checkout on our website work in general?
- Depending on your current location, you will see prices displayed in USD or EUR in our storefront.
- At the end of the checkout process, the currency is converted and tax is eventually added.
- Most customers will see the gross price in our shop and the price won't change when they place their order:
- However, due to different country-specific regulations (for example the USA and Australia) FastSpring will add VAT or GST right before the actual payment:
- After you place your order, you will see a pop-up window:
- Choose your payment method and follow the instructions. Done! ✔︎
Here are a few things you can try if you should run into any issues:
- Make sure that no pop-up blocker is enabled (!)
- Temporarily deactivate any kind of tracking blocker or cookie blocker
- Try to clear your browser cache
- Try using a different browser (for example Google Chrome, Firefox, ...)
- Make sure to enter the right details (for example credit card number, ...)
- Ensure that your bank supports online payment
If you have any more questions regarding your purchase only or if something seems to be miscalculated, we would kindly ask you to contact the FastSpring support.
Submit a request (https://fastspring.com/question-a-charge/) or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks!