To help you get started with Virtual Bassist DANDY, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download DANDY?
- You can download your free trial version here. Just click on the plug-in!
2. I already own several ujam plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
We do offer 31% off VB DANDY until August 2nd. There's also a special deal for all loyal ujam customers who already own licenses for the three Virtual Bassists ROWDY, MELLOW and ROYAL (also until August 2nd). Go to our website to find your special deal:
Please note that with the release of Virtual Bassist DANDY, we adjusted the price of the Full Bundle and the Bassists Bundle. At this point, we do not offer any other special loyalty discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins than the Virtual Bassists.
3. Will Virtual Bassist DANDY work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Virtual Bassist DANDY is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
4. Where can I find the manual?
- Read it here.
5. Can I tune my Virtual Bassist?
6. Digital Audio Workstations
Virtual Bassist DANDY should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. The following software doesn't support DANDY:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
7. How to upgrade other Virtual Bassists from version 1 to 2?
- VB DANDY comes with all the features of Virtual Bassist 2.
8. How can I add the plug-in to a track?
(Logic 10 and other DAWs)
- Virtual Bassist DANDY is a Virtual Instrument plug-in! Please make sure to add the Bassist to the respective Instrument track (this process can be slightly different and depends on the respective DAW).
9. I can't authorize my new Bassist!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: Authorization Issues
10. I bought Virtual Bassist DANDY at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
11. I installed Virtual Bassist DANDY but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
12. I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
13. Is there a VB DANDY Reason Rack Extension?
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Bassist DANDY (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Bassist doesn't include this particular plug-in.
14. How can I change the velocity of the MIDI notes in the best way?
The Virtual Bassist has a velocity sensitivity, but you might want to turn down the compressor to 0%.
15. How can I turn off the slides?
The keys from C0 to E0 will let you select different types of slides. For turning them off just select ''Off'' next to ''Legato'' mode or in realtime by using the keys C#0 (off) and F#0 (on).
16. Are there any known issues?
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our supper staff. Thanks!