We are happy to announce that all ujam products available in our store are now compatible with macOS Big Sur! Note that the outdated version 1 of Virtual Bassist, Drummer and Beatmaker are not compatible with the new operating system. Please consider upgrading your plug-in to version 2!
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
What has been recently updated?
Due to certain issues, we needed to update the installer file of the following Virtual Guitarists:
The actual plug-in content has not been changed, macOS Big Sur users are now just able to install the product.
My Mac is running on the new Apple M1 chip. Any concerns?
Also a Mac with the Apple M1 chip has been tested and is compatible. Please note that ujam plug-ins are not running natively on M1 though.
I didn't update my operating system to Big Sur yet. Should I update my Virtual Guitarists?
Please note that we cannot guarantee full compatibility with older macOS versions, although we did not run into any issues during our qualification tests. Don’t update Virtual Guitarist if you’re running on Windows or macOS Catalina and older.
Where can I find the former plug-in versions?
- Click this link to download the former VG builds from Google Drive
- Please note that those versions are not compatible with macOS Big Sur
I updated but now I can't see the plug-in in my DAW
Please restart your Mac and rescan your plug-ins.
I updated my operating system to Big Sur but had the plug-ins already installed before the update. Should I update my Virtual Guitarists?
- If you're not running into any issues and don't need to reinstall, you don't need to update.
I can't download the new VG files from your website. What can I do?
- Click this link to download the latest VG Big Sur builds from Google Drive
- Please make sure to deactivate any kind of firewall or antivirus software that could interfere with the installation or the plug-in's internet connection.
I have issues with the installation of other products than the Virtual Guitarists.
We ran quite a few tests with all ujam plug-ins and can confirm that they all work on macOS Big Sur. Please try to manually remove all the plug-in files from your system, restart it and run a fresh installation of the plug-in.
Also here are a few hints:
- Make sure to turn off any kind of firewall of antivirus software that might interfere with the installation process or the plug-in itself
- Try to use the default locations during the installation process
- You may want to check out our DAW knowledge base and rescan your plug-ins
Have a look at the following article:
Uninstalling on Mac
|If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!|