This is the fourth full audio FX plug-in by ujam! Finisher RETRO lets you easily add character, age and patina to all your sounds, using a combination of best of both worlds: Authentic emulations of analog effect units from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and state-of-the-art modern sound design, packaged in inspiring multi-effect setups.
To help you get started with Finisher RETRO, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download Finisher RETRO?
- You can download your free trial version here. Simply click on the plug-in:
I already own several ujam plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- With this release, the Full Bundle price slightly increased. This bundle is the collectors' edition including every ujam plug-in and sells at a discount of 57%.
If you already own various ujam plug-ins and wish to upgrade to the Full Bundle, please submit a request to our support to get an individual discount.
- You can always head over to our store and check for special offers, flash sales or other bundle options!
Where can I find content and videos?
- Follow Derek von Krogh in his latest walkthrough:
- Make sure to check out the complete Finisher Playlist on YouTube to find more videos!
Will Finisher RETRO work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that we updated the system requirements: RETRO takes up more memory space than other ujam plug-ins. It works fine on 4 GB RAM systems, but we recommend 8 GB if you intend to run several instances of RETRO in your session.
- Finisher RETRO is only compatible with 64 bit software. 32bit is not supported!
How can I add the plug-in to a track?
(Logic 10 and other DAWs)
- Finisher RETRO is an effect and not a virtual instrument plug-in! Please make sure to add the Finisher to the respective Audio FX section (the process can be slightly different and depends on the respective DAW).
Where can I find the manual?
- You'll find the user guide here and also at the bottom of this article as an attachment.
I can't authorize my new Finisher!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: Authorization Issues
I bought Finisher RETRO at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
Please make sure you copy & paste the complete code! It should look like this:
Single product: XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXX
I installed RETRO but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a DAW plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a Finisher RETRO Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
How can I assign the plug-in to my MIDI controllers?
- All DAWs handle MIDI controllers for effects differently and there is no MIDI Learn functionality in most of them. The good news is that RETRO fully supports MIDI control. All you need to do is lookup for your DAW how it handles MIDI controller assignments.
- Here's an example to show you how it looks in Logic Pro X:
Are there any known issues?
- Session restore does not work properly in Reason 11. Please bear in mind to always save your settings as a preset before closing the project. We're working on a fix for this.
- Removing a track with Finisher RETRO in Reason might cause the Host to crash under certain circumstances.
- Sometimes the GUI doesn't properly reflect automated Parameters.
- Removing several Instances of Finisher RETRO in Pro Tools might cause the Host to crash.
- Switching Modes/Presets will result in audible artefacts, in particular when switching to Nigel Sustainer
Digital Audio Workstations
FIN-RETRO should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that FIN-RETRO is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
|If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!|