Virtual Drummer BRUTE is a modern rock drummer with a rebel attitude - based on recording and production techniques established in the mid 90s and still a benchmark for today’s productions.
To help you get started with BRUTE, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I try VD-BRUTE?
- You can download your free 30 day trial version here. Simply click on the plug-in:
Where do I find the user guide?
- ►Click this link to see the manual
- The user guide is also attached to this article (scroll down to the bottom).
- Also have a look at this overview:
I'm running into download issues. What can I do?
I already own several ujam plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- If you wish to upgrade your Virtual Drummer Bundle or even your whole collection to the Full Bundle, please reach out to our support team for an individual discount code. This bundle is the ujam collectors' edition including every ujam plug-in and sells at a discount of 57%. With every release, the Bundle prices slightly increase.
- Please make sure to check out our store for the most recent offers.
I open BRUTE and my DAW crashes – what can I do?
- Please check whether you have the newest version of VD BRUTE installed. The plug-in will notify you if an update is available.
- Please send a crash report to our support team!
- Manually remove all plug-in files and try a clean installation. Have a look at the following articles:
►Uninstalling on Mac
►Uninstalling on Windows
Where to find a walkthrough?
Here you go:
How can I load my own samples into Virtual Drummer BRUTE?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time, but you can use one of the five included drum kits or create your own kit by using the Instrument section.
- Please note, that selecting a preset will always override your individual drum-type settings.
Is there an option to Drag and Drop MIDI?
- VD BRUTE features MIDI drag and drop, giving you way more possibilities for quick arranging and to fine adjust and alter phrases.
- If you drag and drop a MIDI file into your DAW, because of the plugin’s internal MIDI handling, you might have to manually adjust its length, this is especially true for Intros, Fills, and Endings.
I bought BRUTE at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
Please make sure you copy & paste the complete code! It should look like this:
Single product: XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXX
I can't authorize my new plug-in!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I received a serial number/ coupon code but I can not redeem it. Is the license usage limit reached or the coupon expired?
- Please double check the code you entered.
- Log in to your ujam account and check whether BRUTE is already linked to your account. If so, you're good to go and you will be able to activate the plug-in with your ujam credentials.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
I installed BRUTE but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a DAW plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
Will VD-BRUTE work on my computer?
VD-BRUTE should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2, and AAX. We cannot guarantee that BRUTE is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.13 or later
Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that VD-BRUTE is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a BRUTE Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Are there any known issues?
There are just a few:
|DAW / OS||Issue|
|All||The preset may change when the Latch automation of your DAW is active. This changes a whole lot of parameters/automations at once.|
|macOS||When recording Kit- or Mix-Preset automations via Latch/Write using the GUI, those changes might not be reflected on the GUI.|
|Reason||Duplicating instances of BRUTE may crash Reason.|
Switching a preset after duplicating an instance may result in freezing Garage Band (DAW).
Clicking (multiple times) on the VST version of BRUTE in the plug-in list may cause Ableton to crash.
|Studio One 5.2||Studio One 5.2 will display recorded MIDI data from C3 to B4 only as Sound Variations, not as regular MIDI notes on the Piano Roll (this only applies to the VST version of the plugin, not the AU version)|
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!