We are aware of some timing issues that will eventually be fixed in future updates. The following notes should help you to quickly get the results you are looking for.
Here's an overview so you know what it's about:
- The audio output might sound a bit delayed (by up to 23ms). This is due to the improved chord recognition, as the plug-in waits a moment in case more notes arrive, so it doesn't play a wrong chord.
- The following settings can reduce the delay:
1. Set Humanize to Tight
2. Set the Player Sync to Song Position:
3. As a compensation, film composers with high-end sample libraries use a negative MIDI-delay for the track. You can do this with IRON 2 as well, if you want it to play tighter to super-tight. How to exactly do that differs from DAW to DAW.
4. Try placing the MIDI notes a bit too early. Make sure they don't overlap though.
Playing Legato & Quantization
- If notes overlap, the plugin engine will recognize that and try to play an interval or a chord. So playing legato or having not quantized MIDI data can lead to unwanted results.
- Make sure to always have a small gap between the notes that don't belong together!