IDOL puts the bright and hyper-processed sound of K-Pop beats in your hands. To help you get started with IDOL, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download Beatmaker IDOL?
- You can download your free trial version here:
I already own several ujam plug-ins. Do you have a special offer for me?
- Every current offer can be found here: https://www.ujam.com/store
- If you wish to complete your Beatmaker Bundle or even upgrade to the Full Bundle, please reach out to our support team for an individual discount code. With every release, the Full Bundle price slightly increases. This bundle is the ujam collectors' edition including every ujam plug-in and sells at a discount of 57%.
I open IDOL and my DAW crashes – what can I do?
- Please check whether you have the newest version of BM IDOL installed. The plug-in will notify you if an update is available.
- Send a crash report to our support team!
Manually remove all plug-in files and try a clean installation. Have a look at the following articles:
Uninstalling on Mac
Where can I find the manual?
- Luckily all our Beatmakers share the same engine, so you might say “Seen one, seen 'em all”, that’s why we brought them all together in one user guide, which you will find here.
- The fun part begins once you understood how to play them, because now you’re able to dive deep into the different drum kits, mix presets and special controls – let the magic happen!
Where can I find content and videos?
- Follow Derek von Krogh in his latest walkthrough:
I can't authorize my new Beatmaker!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought Beatmaker IDOL at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed IDOL but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Will Beatmaker IDOL work on my computer?
How can I load my own samples into Beatmaker IDOL?
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- Beatmaker IDOL isn’t available as a Rack Extension, but Reason added VST plug-in support in Reason 9.5 so please consider using IDOL as a VST in Reason.
Can I use multiple audio outputs?
- Beatmaker IDOL features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of Beatmaker IDOL.
- Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of Beatmaker IDOL, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize, and of course Master Volume will not affect Kits routed to their individual outs.
Are there any known issues?
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC usage until the respective control is touched with the cursor
- When using parameters via CC assignment, the parameter's value is not being displayed
- Beatmaker IDOL is not working in Mixcraft 8 due to host limitations. Please consider updating to Mixcraft 9!
- Dragging and Dropping a phrase in certain versions of Pro Tools can result in the channel’s left stereo panning to be set to the center
- Reason (DAW): Only the first 7 sounds are routable for using multiple outputs.
- Pitchwheel Control (Snare vs. Kick) might not always snap back to default position if controlled by mouse.
Preset navigation via keyboard arrows doesn't work on Windows 10.
Single Drum Elements are automateable and extend the list of exposed parameters.
Digital Audio Workstations
BM-IDOL should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that BM-IDOL is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our supper staff. Thanks!