The Usynth series introduces synthesizers the UJAM way. We focused on creating easy-to-use synthesizers, made for everyone who doesn't want to tweak a thousand knobs in order to shape the sound of a single waveform. No need to study music technology. Just pure fun!
To help you get started with the Usynth, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
Which plug-in formats are supported?
Read it here: Apple Silicon M1, VST 3 support, ...
I already own various UJAM plug-ins. Can I get a discount?
Usynth owners can take advantage of our special loyalty deal.
We do not offer any other individual discounts at this point.
Anything I should know before purchasing Usynth?
- Please note that you need an internet connection and also the UJAM App in order to install and use Usynth.
- The UJAM App works as a small helper tool for the Usynth plugins. For example, it helps to load presets and manages the trial time and authorization. That is why the UJAM App will run in the background while using Usynth.
- All Usynth series titles are hosted in a single frame. In your DAW, you will only find a plug-in called "Usynth".
How can I activate my Usynth plugin?
Please use the UJAM App for authorization and have a look at the following articles for more details:
Is Usynth DRIVE really free? What's the catch?
- There is no catch, Usynth DRIVE is a completely free. Tell your friends and have a look at the product page: https://www.ujam.com/usynth/drive/
- As an addition to the Usynth series we developed DRIVE including full Usynth feature functionality
- We decided to give this plug-in away for free, to support our users and give something back to our valued community.
How can I get my hands on these awesome plugins?
You can download and install Usynth conveniently from the UJAM App which you can download on our website.
Download and follow the installation instructions of at least one Usynth Title from the UJAM App – after that, you can manage your Usynth downloads, installations, trials and purchases directly from within the Usynth plugin.
- Also, click here to visit our trial page.
Also, here are the direct download links:
I have trouble downloading and installing Usynth – What can I do?
- Please try using the direct download links mentioned above
Please also make sure that:
- ...you're using the latest version of the App
- ...you have enough disc space available
- ...you are the admin of your computer and grant all the requested permissions
- ...no antivirus software or firewall is blocking the connection of the UJAM App and Usynth (you might wanna try turning it off temporarily)
- Read more: 🎲 Usynth & UJAM App | Troubleshooting
Can I use MIDI Drag and Drop?
- Sorry folks - we know you’re used to Drag’n’Drop being a part of UJAM instruments but this feature didn’t make it into the currently released versions of Usynth.
- We might add this feature at some point in the future to the whole Usynth series.
Can I relocate the plugin content?
Yes, have a look at this article: How to install the Usynth plugin content to a custom location
What comes with the Usynth bundle?
- PIXEL | Retro Gaming Adventures
- GLAM | The Pop Powerhouse
- DRIVE | High-Energy Electronica
- DELUXE | Vibrant Soul Keys
- CORE | All-purpose studio essentials
- 2080 | 80s synthwave atmospheres
- CARAMEL | For lush pads
- EUPHORIA | Big room EDM
Where can I find video content?
Please check out our YouTube channel:
Will Usynth work on my computer?
Read it here: Is my plugin compatible with my system?
Is the Usynth Bundle already part of the Full Bundle?
Does Usynth support NKS?
No, Usynth does not support NKS – we might add this feature at some point in the future.
Can I use the plugins offline?
- Please note that you need an internet connection and also the UJAM App in order to install, activate and use Usynth.
- We do not support a full offline authorization at this point, but once the plugin is authorized, you can cut your internet connection and the plugin can still be used offline.
What about Usynth and Apple M1?
Read it here: Apple Silicon M1, VST3 support & more
Any PreSonus Studio One features?
No, Usynth it not yet capable of working with the 'Follow Chord' feature like other UJAM plugins.
Are there more known issues?
We are aware of some issues that will eventually be fixed in future updates. This additional information will help you to quickly find a workaround, so you get the results you are looking for.
- Some presets sometimes don't make a sound when they are loaded. This has been experienced with Presets "Old Honky" and "Plumber Run". ➜ Workaround is to go back and forth in the preset list which will eventually make the preset work.
- Trial workflow: Starting the trial from title list (title browser within the plugin frame) does work, the button within the list will, however, not update until re-instantiating the plug-in/restarting the DAW. All other buttons/state displays will update instantly.
- Browser (Windows only): Browser state (mainly title list) doesn’t update until DAW is being reset.
- Global Preset Display: Sometimes the display shows "..." and "0/20 Introduction" instead of the loaded preset and category (only visually) when reinstantiating or reloading a project
- Pro Tools internal presets: Not working reliably
All Usynth titles:
- You need to be signed in to the UJAM App in order to start the trial time.
- When saving a preset with the same name as a factory preset results in creating a preset of the same name in the user category
- Saving a preset without entering a name at all will result in a preset of the current name being added to the user category BUT if a user preset of that name already exists, it will be overwritten without warning
- There may be rare issues while saving presets.
(Logic 10.7.2 on Mac OS 12 M1-based Systems only)
- Sometimes automating parameters will not apply the current value when starting to record automation (Cubase only).
- Set sequencer rate does not reflect the content of the actual sequences in all cases.
- Preset saving dialogue is not centered correctly when the user interface is being resized.
- Usynth parameters are not accessible via automation in the DAW Reason.