Virtual Drummer HOT is the coolest drummer out there, bringing you the most attractive drum grooves and sounds inspired by the most popular top-charting music.
To help you get started with VD HOT, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I try VD-HOT?
- Downloadyour free 30 day trial version from the UJAM App!
- Or go to our Free Trials page here:
- Also here are the direct download links:
macOS Click to download Windows Click to download
Where do I find the user guide?
- Luckily all our Drummers share the same engine, so you might say “Seen one, seen 'em all”, that’s why we brought them all together in one user guide, which you will find in this article: Virtual Drummer Series | User Guide
- The fun part begins once you understood how to play them, because now you’re able to dive deep into the different drum kits, mix presets and special controls – let the magic happen!
- Also click here to see the manual as a PDF
I already own several UJAM plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- Introductory deals and more special offers can be found in the Featured section of our store: https://www.ujam.com/store/
- If you wish to upgrade your Virtual Drummer Bundle or even your whole collection to the Full Bundle, please reach out to our support team for an individual discount code. This bundle is the UJAM collectors' edition including every UJAM plug-in and sells at a discount of 57%. With every release, the Bundle prices slightly increase.
- Please make sure to check out our store for the most recent offers.
I open VD-HOT and my DAW crashes – what can I do?
- Please check whether you have the newest version of VD HOT installed. The plug-in will notify you if an update is available.
- Uninstall the plug-in via the Uninstall feature of the UJAM App:
- Please send a crash report to our support team!
- Manually remove all plug-in files and try a clean installation. Have a look at the following articles:
►Uninstalling on Mac
►Uninstalling on Windows
Where to find a walkthrough?
Here you go:
How can I load my own samples into Virtual Drummer HOT ?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time, but you can use one of the five included drum kits or create your own kit by using the Instrument section.
- Please note, that selecting a preset will always override your individual drum-type settings.
Is there an option to Drag and Drop MIDI?
- VD HOT features MIDI drag and drop, giving you way more possibilities for quick arranging and to fine adjust and alter phrases.
- If you drag and drop a MIDI file into your DAW, because of the plugin’s internal MIDI handling, you might have to manually adjust its length, this is especially true for Intros, Fills, and Endings.
- Read more: How to use MIDI Drag & Drop
I bought HOT at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
Please make sure you copy & paste the complete code! It should look like this:
Single product: XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXX
I can't authorize my new plug-in!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I received a serial number/ coupon code but I can not redeem it. Is the license usage limit reached or the coupon expired?
- Please double check the code you entered.
- Log in to your UJAM account and check whether HOT is already linked to your account. If so, you're good to go and you will be able to activate the plug-in with your UJAM credentials.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
I installed VD-HOT but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a DAW plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
Will VD-HOT work on my computer?
VD-HOT should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, VST3, AU 2, and AAX. We cannot guarantee that HOT is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.15 or later
Windows 10 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that VD-HOT is only compatible with 64bit software. 32bit is not supported!
- Runs natively on Apple M1 machines.
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a HOT Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Are there any known issues?
There are just a few:
|DAW / OS||Issue|
Sound Variations for single instrument hits aren’t properly named
If all instruments are routed to individual output channels BUT no external channel is active, a broken signal will occur on the main channel
Latched playback will stop after some time
Individual output levels are rather low
There are a number of unmapped/unused parameters listed (in automation parameters)
If you have further questions, please feel free to submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!