Table of contents
The main content of Virtual Pianist (samples etc.) is sealed in two files of the type ‘blob‘ (‘binary large object‘).
The file size of VP VOGUE for example is roughly 3.6 GB, so some of you want to store the plugin content on external drives rather than filling up space on your primary internal disk.
The default locations
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/UJAM/VP-VOGUE
How to move the content
- Choose the desired content folder within the UJAM App settings before the installation of the plug-in:
- If you already installed the plug-in to the default location, we highly recommend to remove all plug-in files from the system before reinstalling. Have a look at this article to find all the files: Default file locations
- Once you've selected the desired location, install Virtual Pianist and you're done ✔️
- Check if you can find both blob files in the folder you've selected:
- If the plugin can't load the content after relocating the blob files, open your UJAM App and click on ‘locate content‘- Then open the respective folder and point to the file ‘VP-VOGUE_part1.blob‘
- Ensure that you've closed your DAW before installing the plugin
- Relocating the plugin content of Virtual Pianist does work differently than for other UJAM plugins at the moment. Moving the plugin content files manually after the installation does not work (the plugin won't be able to load the content).
- Please follow the instructions of this article carefully and do not move the so called ‘VIRTUALPIANIST‘ blob files (which is the engine content):
If you do see an error message, have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!