To help you get started with Symphonic Elements BRAAASS (simply pronounced Brass), here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
Do you have a special offer for me?
- Please head over to our store and check the latest offers and bundle options!
How can I try SE-BRAAASS?
- You can download your free trial version here. Click on the plug-in:
- Download for macOS
- Download for Windows
Or download directly from the UJAM App:
Where do I find the user guide?
Where do I find SE-BRAAASS video content?
We will upload more and more high quality content – please check out the Symphonic Elements playlist and make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Will SE BRAAASS work on my computer?
Have a look at this overview: Is my plugin compatible with my system?
Does BRAAASS come with pop music string patterns or just symphonic/orchestral patterns?
The patterns of Symphonic Elements BRAAASS are fitting perfectly to film scoring, cinematic and game soundtracks, but also pop and rock music.
You will always be able to play around with BRAAASS and find a way to make it fit.
Your imagination is your only limitation here!
Can I play single notes and use MIDI drag and drop? Is there an Instrument Mode and a Player Mode?
No, BRAAASS is not a multi-sample instrument like for example Virtual Bassist. Playing single notes like in the "Instrument Mode" or using MIDI drag and drop is not possible, as BRAAASS is based on playing sliced phrases.
Can I automate the Styles of BRAAASS?
Unfortunately this is technically not possible. Styles in BRAAASS do not work like Styles in other products. Besides the MIDI info for the phrases, a Style also exchanges samples, FX and a lot more under the hood, which is why the settings can’t change instantaneous like in other instruments.
Can I use BRAAASS when composing 3/4, 6/8 or 7/8 pieces?
Yes and no. There are quite a few Styles you can also use for a 3/4 piece or other odd meters, although the focus is on 4/4 indeed, as that's the most common notation.
- Try to trigger a phrase on the first beat of a new bar.
- Try to set the Timing to 1/2 – That's works pretty good for when you want to compose something in 3/4 or 6/8.
Where do the samples come from?
Regarding the source of the BRAAASS samples, we had exclusive access to Hans Zimmer’s Remote Control Studios and his multi-million-dollar library of brass recordings, honed and expanded for over a decade. An extensive collection of world-class instruments including French Horns, Trumpets, Trombones, Cimbassos, Tubas.
I can't authorize my new plug-in!
In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I received a serial number/ coupon code but I can not redeem it. Is the license usage limit reached or the coupon expired?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
- Please make sure you copy & paste the complete code when redeeming.
- Please double check the code you entered.
- Log in to your ujam account and check whether BRAAASS is already linked to your account. If so, you're good to go and you will be able to activate the plug-in with your ujam credentials.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
- Usually this means that the plugin or DAW cannot connect to our servers to start the trial time. Please check your firewall and internet connection settings.
- If that doesn't help, please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
I installed BRAAASS but I can't find it in my DAW.
Please try a DAW plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
Digital Audio Workstations
SE-BRAAASS should run on every DAW supporting VST2, VST3, AU2 or AAX. We cannot guarantee that BRAAASS is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Legacy Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a BRAAASS Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Can I tune BRAAASS and use a 432 Hz tuning instead of 440 Hz?
Symphonic Elements BRAAASS does not have an implemented fine-tuning functionality yet. So if you need to work with a 432 Hz tuning, you'd need to use another third party plug-in to adjust the pitch of the plug-in. You may need to bounce the track as an audio file.
Are there any known issues?
There are a few:
- Some users might experience a playback bug where the audio engine dies and the instrument produces no sound. It can be fixed by
- changing the DAW audio output device
- (saving the settings as a preset and) re-instantiating the plug-in
- deleting the track and then "undo" it
- For some Styles (only around 3 of them) when MIDI is hard-quantized, you can sometimes hear small blips of louder sustains or what might seem like added beats at the very end of the measure, right before the next downbeat.
Studio One Only
- When saving a Studio One Session with activated Chord Following and recalling the session, SE-BRAAASS will not follow chords anymore.
►The Chord Follow function in the top left corner above the Studio One arrangement section has to be deactivated and activated again to make the plugin follow the Studio One Chord-Track again.
- Features like Chord Follow and Sound Variations only work with the VST2 version of the plug-in (not the AU or VST3 version)
Why is version 1.1.1 of SE-BRAAASS available as an update?
We needed to ship a hot fix because a few users have notified us of a potential issue between DRUMS and BRAAASS. Please save your BRAAASS plugin settings as a preset before installing the update, as settings session recall might not be working as expected. Here's what we did:
- Minor UI tweaks
- Changed conflicting plugin code ID between DRUMS and BRAAASS
- Improved phrase playback when switching chords mid-Phrase
- Added 'Bar' Player Sync mode