To help you get started with your Beatmaker (BM), here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I try Beatmaker?
- You can download your free 30 day demo version on our website: https://www.ujam.com/more/trials/
- Or use the UJAM App: https://www.ujam.com/ujam-app/
I already own several UJAM plug-ins. Do you have a special offer for me?
- Every current offer and upgrade option can be found here: https://www.ujam.com/store
- Please note that discount codes cannot be combined with other discounts, special offers or items on sale.
I open Beatmaker and my DAW crashes – what can I do?
- Please check whether you have the latest version of your Beatmaker plugin installed. The plug-in will notify you if an update is available.
- Send a crash report to our support team!
- Uninstall the plug-in via the Uninstall feature of the UJAM App:
- Manually removing all plug-in files and a clean installation should fix the issue (works almost every time). Have a look at the following articles:
Where can I find the manual?
- Luckily all our Beatmaker plugins share the same engine, so you might say “Seen one, seen 'em all”, that’s why we brought them all together in one user guide, which you will find in this article: ↪Beatmaker Series | User Guide
- The fun part begins once you understood how to play them, because now you’re able to dive deep into the different drum kits, mix presets and special controls – let the magic happen!
Where can I find content and videos?
I can't authorize my new Beatmaker!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought Beatmaker at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
The following article should help you: ↪How to redeem a coupon code from a partner shop?
I installed my BM but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a plug-in rescan. For further information, ↪click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please ↪submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: ↪Instant expired trial time
Will Beatmaker work on my computer?
How can I load my own samples into Beatmaker?
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- Beatmaker V2 isn’t available as a Rack Extension, but Reason added VST plug-in support in Reason 9.5 so please consider using as a VST in Reason.
The existing RE versions don't include new features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- Improved song building
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- UI Facelift
Can I use multiple audio outputs?
- Beatmaker features Multi-Outs to make the processing of each drum signal more flexible, DAWs handle multi-out plugins in various ways. To properly use the multi-out functionality in your DAW you might have to create extra AUX tracks and/or use the dedicated multi-out version of Beatmaker.
- Sending an Instrument through its individual out will remove it from the master processing of Beatmaker, so please be aware, that Mix-Preset, Reverb, Saturate, Maximize, and of course Master Volume will not affect Kits routed to their individual outs.
Digital Audio Workstations
BM should run on every DAW supporting VST2, VST3 AU2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that BM is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Outdated Cubase versions (for example Cubase 4)
Are there any known issues?
BM COZY does not have any preset categories. When saving a preset, there is a category selection but no choices to select. Don't worry, your presets will always be saved in the general user category.
- There’s an unnamed preset when switching through the end of the preset-list for some reason.
- Individual routing ONLY the clap doesn’t work in Studio One/VST3 only
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC usage until the respective control is touched with the cursor.
- MIDI Learn is not working for all controls.
- When using parameters via CC assignment, the parameter's value is not being displayed.
- Beatmaker is not working in Mixcraft 8 due to host limitations. Please consider updating to Mixcraft 9!
- When Latch is enabled and playing a note the playing note is not highlighted
- Control values are not disappearing after MIDI CC
- Some “Mix” presets can result in negative phase correlation in the upper "Amount" value ranges (this is barely audible)
- The Save button does function, though it looks inactive.
- Pitchwheel Control (Snare vs. Kick) might not always snap back to default position if controlled by mouse.
Preset navigation via keyboard arrows doesn't work on Windows 10.
Single Drum Elements are accessible via automation and extend the list of exposed parameters.
- Reason only: Only the first 7 sounds are routable for using multiple outputs.
- Pro Tools only:
- If you don't save your customized kit and close the session, your adjustments might get lost. Always make sure to save your customized kit!
- Sometimes the selected kit won't get saved.
- Single Drum Selection is not being saved (make sure to save a preset with your customized drum selections to work around this)
- Dragging and Dropping a phrase in certain versions of Pro Tools can result in the channel’s left stereo panning to be set to the center