To help you get started with Virtual Bassist (VB), here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I get my hands on these awesome plugins?
- You can download your free trial version from our trial page: https://www.ujam.com/more/trials/
- You can also download and start your free demo version by using the UJAM App: https://www.ujam.com/ujam-app/
I already own several UJAM plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- Please visit our store to find out if there are any special deals available: https://www.ujam.com/store/
- If you already own various UJAM licenses and wish to upgrade to a specific bundle, reach out to our support team for an individual discount code.
- Note that with every release of a new Virtual Bassist, we'll adjust the price of the Full Bundle and the Bassists Bundle.
Will Virtual Bassist work on my computer?
- Have a look at this article: Is my plugin compatible with my system?
- You may run your plugin on legacy systems but we don’t support them.
- Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- Please note that Virtual Bassist is only compatible with 64-bit software. 32-bit is not supported!
Where can I find the manual?
- Have a look at this article: Where to find the product manuals?
Can I fine tune my Virtual Bassist?
- Unfortunately, fine tuning your Virtual Bassist is not available yet.
Digital Audio Workstations
Virtual Bassist should run on every DAW supporting VST2, AU2, and AAX. The following software doesn't support Virtual Bassist:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
How to upgrade other Virtual Bassists from version 1 to 2?
Virtual Bassist comes with all the features of Virtual Bassist 2.
I can't authorize my new Bassist!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: Authorization Issues
I bought Virtual Bassist from a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed Virtual Bassist but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try to do a DAW rescan. For further information, click here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
Yes and no!
Please note that we didn't create a Rack Extension for Virtual Bassist 2 (yet), so the existing RE version of Virtual Bassist don't include the new V2 features such as:
- MIDI Drag’n’Drop
- Improved song building
- 2.0 New Styles and Presets
- Finisher Section
- UI Facelift
In case you own the Rack Extension of Virtual Bassist and want to upgrade to version 2: We do offer a special 50% discount for the respective VST version. You can read more about this matter here.
How can I change the velocity of the MIDI notes in the best way?
The Virtual Bassist has a velocity sensitivity, but you might want to turn down the compressor to 0%.
How can I turn off the slides?
The keys from C0 to E0 will let you select different types of slides. For turning them off just select ''Off'' next to ''Legato'' mode or in real-time by using the keys C#0 (off) and F#0 (on).
Are there any known issues?
Virtual Bassist SLAP
Some style phrases can be influenced by the Finger/Slap toggle switch of the common phrases. This occurs in Player Mode (also when using MIDI drag&drop).
- Please make sure to use the MIDI drag&drop feature for the phrases and also the Instrument Mode for 100% accuracy.
Dragging a phrase stops latched playback
- Finisher: Browsing the modes sometimes results in slightly audible crackling noises
- Automation of style phrases does not get displayed correctly on the GUI
Pressing and holding C4 is causing E3 to G3 to be silent
Instrument Mode: Playing F4 (outside of the Play Range) is causing the plugin to drop out.
➜ Workaround: Switch to Player Mode and then back to Instrument Mode.
Pro Tools: unmapped (and unwanted) parameters listed
Pro Tools: many dragged phrases won’t play as expected in Player Mode
Logic: some phrases exceed pattern length when using the MIDI drag-and-drop feature
Other Virtual Bassists
- When you save VB in Instrument Mode and reload the session, your VB may display the Player Mode although it is actually in Instrument Mode. Workaround: Switch to the player mode and back again to update the UI
- Switching between certain Finisher modes can result in clicks and short noises
- Incoming style automation does not get displayed as it should.
- Sometimes the sound can disappear while switching presets while holding a key
- Notes dragged into your DAW and overriding the player mode still highlight notes on the player-on-screen-keyboard, although
- Keys held via sustain pedal are not highlighted
- Sus4 chords names in the chord display are slightly shifted
- Dragged and dropped phrases of the style “170 bpm - Hidden Secret” can be missing dead notes
- DropDown Menus will stay visible and afloat until Selection is made
- Royal F3 note goes out of tune when using the Octaver
- Some style phrases can play unwanted dead notes at 100% swing
- Depending on what you're playing, the pitch can be a bit too high or too low (just a few cents). Improve your results by turning the Legato mode off or adjust the pitch with the pitch wheel. Please note that the sample material was created with a real bass, so the pitch not always being 100% correct is normal. The sound would not be as organic as it is if the pitch wouldn't be off by a few cents.
Pro Tools: Sessions saved with V1 can't be reloaded with all settings Workaround: before installing V2 save a preset in V1 which you can then recall in V2 with all correct settings.
Digital Audio Workstations
Virtual Bassist should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2, and AAX. We cannot guarantee that VB-SLAPis compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)