To help you get started with Virtual Guitarist CARBON, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I download Virtual Guitarist CARBON?
- You can download your plug-in here. Just click on the UI:
I am running into download issues. What can I do?
I received a serial number/ coupon code from Plugin Boutique but I can not redeem it, because the license "usage limit is reached" or the "coupon is expired".
- Please log in to your ujam account and check whether VG CARBON is already linked to your account. If so, you should be able to activate the plug-in with your ujam credentials.
Will Virtual Guitarist CARBON work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- 64bit only
- We do not offer any kind of legacy version or installer which will work on older operating systems.
I already own several Virtual Guitarist Plug-Ins – do you have a special offer for me?
Where can I find the manual?
- You can find the user guide here.
I can not authorize Virtual Guitarist Carbon!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I bought CARBON at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed CARBON but I can't find it in my DAW.
- The following article will help you: Read it here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
How can I load my own samples into Virtual Guitarist CARBON?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time.
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- We didn't create a Virtual Guitarist Carbon Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
How to get a clean audio signal output in Carbon?
- Unfortunately, there's not yet an option to get a fully clean signal, the cleanest you can get is to use the "paranoid" amp and turn the "severity" to 0. We plan on making the clean signal available with a future update.
Are there any known issues?
- The two phrases G2 and A2 are ending prematurely after dragging and dropping them from the user interface into your DAW track
- Some dragged and dropped "Ends" phrases have export errors
- The playing engine sometimes can be latched without latch being active by dragging and dropping a phrase while Phrase player is running
- C2 key switch does not bypass the Player Mode in ProTools while playing drag and drop MIDI clips --> please switch manually in Instrument Mode for correct playback.
- Switching a note and phrase at the same time in Latch Mode results in the first note of the next phrase being played with a wrong articulation
- The Phrase Player might stay on a shred forever in some cases
- “Legato Off” state of the Instrument Mode cannot be saved in the session
- User saved presets don't show up in a second instance of the plug-in without reloading the plug-in
- Single/Double/Triple/Quadro indicator might disappear or indicate multiple times if you press Enter after changing the Layerer (only in AU)
- Save button is not greyed out after saving a preset
- Current note is not highlighted in Latch Mode after releasing the key on MIDI keyboard
- Controlling Layerer or Speed via automation on the user interface won’t be reflected
Digital Audio Workstations
VG-CARBON should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2 and AAX. We cannot guarantee that VG-CARBON is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Earlier Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!