We built CARBON because there was nothing like it – a virtual instrument creating versatile modern “sound-designed” guitar sounds in all kinds of music genres – from the super-quantized accents in electronic music to action-packed big riffs in-game soundtracks to subtle vibes in movie scores.
We’re super proud of this new product and have obviously tested it on many different operating systems and DAWs. To help you get started with Virtual Guitarist CARBON, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
I didn't receive the email with my 30-day free trial, how can I download Virtual Guitarist CARBON?
- You can download your free trial version here.
Will Virtual Guitarist CARBON work on my computer?
- We qualified the plug-in for the following operating systems:
MacOS 10.11 or later Windows 7 or later
- You may run it on earlier versions but we don’t support them. Please download your free 30-day demo and give it a try!
- 64bit only
I already own several Virtual Guitarist plug-ins – do you have a special offer for me?
- At this point, we do not offer special discounts for users who already own other ujam plug-ins. With the release of new VG CARBON, we also adjust the prices of the Full Bundle and the Guitarists Bundle.
- Please head over to our store and check your upgrade options.
Where can I find the manual?
- You can find the user guide here.
I can't authorize Virtual Guitarist Carbon!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following articles:
I bought CARBON at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
I installed CARBON but I can't find it in my DAW.
- The following article will help you: Read it here.
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
How can I load my own samples into Virtual Guitarist CARBON?
- The plug-in does not support this feature at this time.
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
- We didn't create a Virtual Guitarist Carbon Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Are there any known issues?
- The two phrases G2 and A2 are ending prematurely after dragging and dropping them from the user interface into your DAW track
- Some dragged and dropped "Ends" phrases have export errors
- The playing engine sometimes can be latched without latch being active by dragging and dropping a phrase while Phrase player is running
- C2 key switch does not bypass the Player Mode in ProTools while playing drag and drop MIDI clips --> please switch manually in Instrument Mode for correct playback.
- Switching a note and phrase at the same time in Latch Mode results in the first note of the next phrase being played with a wrong articulation
- The Phrase Player might stay on a shred forever in some cases
- “Legato Off” state of the Instrument Mode cannot be saved in session
- User saved presets don't show up in a second instance of the plug-in without reloading the plug-in
- Single/Double/Triple/Quadro indicator might disappear or indicate multiple times if you press Enter after changing the Layerer (only in AU)
- Save button is not greyed out after saving a preset
- Current note is not highlighted in Latch Mode after releasing the key on MIDI keyboard
- Controlling Layerer or Speed via automation on the user interface won’t be reflected
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please submit a request to our support staff. Thanks!