Table of contents
- The main content of Usynth (samples etc.) is sealed in two files of the type ‘blob‘ (‘binary large object‘).
- There is the Usynth frame plugin, which is the host plugin for all the Usynth titles. The blob files of the Usynth host plugin are very small and must always stay on the main drive, they are not allowed to get relocated:
- The blob files of the Usynth titles like for example Usynth-Deluxe, can be installed to a custom location:
- Depending on the selected title, the file size can take a few GB of space, so some of you want to store the plugin content on external drives rather than filling up space on your primary internal disk.
The default locations
How to move the content
- Choose the desired content folder within the UJAM App settings before the installation of the plugin:
- If you already installed the plugin to the default location, we highly recommend to remove all plugin files from the system before reinstalling.
Have a look at this article to find all the files: Default file locations
- Once you've selected the desired location, install USYNTH and you're done ✔️
- Check if you can find both blob files in the folder you've selected:
- If the plugin can't load the content after relocating the blob files, open your UJAM App and click on ‘locate content‘- Then open the respective folder and point to the file ‘USYNTH-<NAME>_part1.blob‘
- Ensure that you've closed your DAW before installing the plugin
- Relocating the plugin content of Usynth does work differently than for other UJAM plugins at the moment. Moving the plugin content files manually after the installation does not work (the plugin won't be able to load the content).
- Please follow the instructions of this article carefully and do not move the so called ‘USYNTH‘ blob files (which is the engine content):