To help you get started with Virtual Guitarist AMBER 2, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
How can I try VG-AMBER 2?
You can download your free 30 day trial version here: ↪https://www.ujam.com/more/trials/
Do you have a special offer for me?
- If you already own AMBER 1, you can take advantage of the upgrade deal and purchase AMBER 2 for just 49 bucks!
- You can find all offers here: ↪https://www.ujam.com/guitarist/amber/
- Also, you can always head over to our store and check the latest offers and bundle options!
Where to find the user guide?
AMBER 2 has timing issues. What can I do?
VG AMBER 2 should always be in sync with your DAW. If not, we suggest to check your plugin micro timing settings and the MIDI file you're using.
- Your MIDI file may need to be quantized. It should start on the first beat of a bar.
- Experiment with the different Player Sync options
- Try to set the 'Humanize' control to ‘Tight‘
Will VG-AMBER 2 work on my computer?
Please have a look at the following article: ↪System Requirements Overview
What about the original AMBER V1?
- AMBER 2 and AMBER 1 can co-exist in the DAW.
- AMBER 1 will however not be available for sale anymore, as it has been discontinued.
- If you bought the plug-in in the past, you can still use it and download it from your UJAM account.
- So to summarize, AMBER 2 replaces AMBER 1 in our shop, but not on your computer. That is also the reason why "AMBER 2" appears just as "AMBER" in your UJAM account, just because AMBER 1 can't be purchased anymore and it will soon be forgotten.
- Here's how the new AMBER 1 and AMBER 2 should look like in your account:
- We know this might be a bit confusing but now you got it!
Will the other Virtual Guitarists get upgraded too?
Yes, we plan to release version 2 of the other VGs in the near future.
Where to find a video of VG AMBER 2?
Is there an option to Drag and Drop MIDI?
Sure! VG AMBER 2 features MIDI drag and drop, giving you way more possibilities for quick arranging and to fine adjust and alter phrases. If you drag and drop a MIDI file into your DAW, because of the plugin’s internal MIDI handling, you might have to manually adjust its length, this is especially true for Intros, Fills, and Endings.
Where can I find the styles from AMBER 1 in AMBER 2?
- All the Style phrases of AMBER 2 have been designed from scratch. They are completely new and unique.
- The styles of version 1 have not been integrated yet.
- There may be a few similar styles but all in all the V2 styles are different compared to V1.
- We might add the V1 styles in a future update of VG AMBER 2.
- You can however create your own styles or tweak the integrated styles by using the MIDI drag and drop feature and the Instrument Mode of the plugin.
I bought AMBER 2 at a reseller. How can I redeem my code?
- The following article will help you: Partner Shop Purchase
Please make sure you copy & paste the complete code while redeeming.
I can't authorize my new plug-in!
- In case you are struggling with authorizing your plug-in, please have a look at the following article: ►Authorization Issues
I received a serial number/ coupon code but I can not redeem it. Is the license usage limit reached or the coupon expired?
- Please double check the code you entered.
- Log in to your UJAM account and check whether AMBER 2 is already linked to your account. If so, you're good to go and you will be able to activate the plug-in with your UJAM credentials.
I open AMBER 2 and my DAW crashes – what can I do?
- Please check whether you have the newest version of VG AMBER 2 installed. The plug-in will notify you if an update is available.
- Please send a crash report to our support team!
- Manually remove all plug-in files and try a clean installation. Have a look at the following articles:
►Uninstalling on Mac
►Uninstalling on Windows
I downloaded the plug-in but my trial time has already expired – I have 0 days left.
Unfortunately, this can happen due to technical circumstances – please make sure the internet connection of the plug-in is not blocked by perhaps a firewall or antivirus software. If your trial expired and you wish to renew it, submit a request to our support staff and attach your .ops file – have a look at the following article: Instant expired trial time
I installed AMBER 2 but I can't find it in my DAW.
- Please try a DAW plug-in rescan. For further information, click here.
Digital Audio Workstations
VG-AMBER 2 should run on every DAW supporting VST 2, AU 2, and AAX. We cannot guarantee that AMBER 2 is compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools First
- Mixcraft 8
- Early Cubase versions (make sure to test the free trial)
Is there a Reason Rack Extension?
We didn't create a VG AMBER 2 Rack Extension. Please make sure to use the VST format if you're a user of Reason Studios.
Are there any known issues?
Yes, there are a few:
- Humanizer "looseness" has been strongly limited for a tighter playback
- Some exported MIDI phrases will have an unwanted long, empty ending
- The sample status loading indicator is not always displayed
- Some dragged phrases differ from playback mode (mostly phrases from C2 to D#2)
- Pro Tools: initial (default) preset will not be recalled correctly (wrong style, wrong values for almost all parameters & with disabled Stomp Box & Finishers)
- Studio One: Sound variation C#2 in instrument mode is not correctly labelled
- Studio One: no extended functionality with VST3 (only VST2)